This double page layout kit is perfect for scrapbooking your journey through this crazy time in our life! Someone on Facebook had posted facts when we were 45 days into the pandemic. I added them to my page. Feel free to copy and paste this info and make any changes you’d like before printing them to add to your page.
On Monday April 27th, the 45th day of the lock-down:
The Prime Minister issued a Stay-At-Home-Order and if we must go out, for groceries or prescriptions, we must maintain 6 ft/2 meters distance. We spend most of our days chatting online to friends, because we can't socialize in person.
1 week ago Nova Scotia was rocked with the worst mass murder in Canadian history, not related to the lock-down.
- The Canadian dollar is worth $ 0.71 to the US dollar, 1 euro $1.52 and the pound is worth $1.14 euro.
- Schools have been closed since mid March and teachers are teaching remotely on-line, likely continue for the rest of the school year.
- There are lines / tapes inside the stores on the floors to keep people 6 feet apart.
- Bars and restaurants are open only for takeout, home delivery & pick-up.
- Parks, beaches, hiking trails and walk-in places are not accessible to the public.
-Doctors appointments are by telephone or video chat.
- All major and minor league sports competitions have been cancelled as well as kid's sports.
- All festivals and entertainment events have been banned.
- Weddings, family celebrations and birthdays have been cancelled. Funerals limited to 10-20 people.
- People are doing drive-by parades to celebrate birthdays!
- Young kids can’t understand why they can only see grandparents & other extended family and friends on a screen or thru a window if someone visits in person or on Face time online.
- Hugs, kisses and handshakes are not exchanged.
- The churches are closed or online.
- Talk show hosts are filming from their basements or front rooms via zoom online
- We have to stay away from each other more than six feet.
- Shortage of disposable masks and gloves in hospitals.
- People are wearing masks, some places even REQUIRE that you wear them to enter! People are even sewing their own cloth masks for sale or donation to medical facilities.
- Flour, yeast, eggs, Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, bleach, antibacterial wipes and anything Lysol or Clorox is in short supply and limited per person.... IF you can even find them!
- Stores are closing early to disinfect everything. (24 hour stores are even closing by 9pm)
- Store check outs, pharmacies and even fast food drive thru windows have added plexiglas between the employee and the customer.
- Australia, USA, Canada and Europe have closed their borders.
- No one is travelling for leisure. Airports are empty. Tourism has the worst crisis in history.
- Heightened anxiety is exhausting.
This layout is a reminder that life is precious & that nothing should be taken for granted. We are where we are with what we have. Let's be grateful.
All kits come with all the products needed to complete the layout as featured, color photo of the layout and full written step by step instructions. Adhesive and tools not included.
The kit is packaged in a cellophane bag and shipped in a sturdy box, shipped to your home.
Thanks for visiting Byrds Nest Paperie. There are many other kits available. All kits are designed and packaged by Charlene Byrd of Byrds Nest Paperie. (Former owner of Scrapbook Central in Medicine Hat Alberta)
See my other kits (combine kits in one order - flat shipping rate)
Facebook - www.facebook.com/byrdsnestpaperie